SUPPORTING ORGANIZATION: This pilot project between Hunters
Woods School and ISTOS is entirely done by both organizations own means, without external
OBJECTIVES: This is a project that seeks to improve the
utilization of resources and the communication and interaction between student, teacher
and administration bodies in individual and group level focus.
GOALS: The specific goals of this project are:
1. Demonstrate network integration between Windows and Macintosh
2. Exploit a distributed peer-to-peer and client-server groupware
facility that utilizes Internet and WWW technology to improve the educational, and
information processes in the school.
1. Utilize WINDOWS-NT server capabilities for heterogeneous client
platform resource sharing and utilization focused on printer and file sharing and
2. Select a Groupware application with emphasis in the educational
interactivity and information sharing.
3. Install appropriate server and client server on a pilot sub-net
in the HW school LAN.
4. Select particular applications and integrate them in the every
day educational activities of the school.
5. Establish metrics of measuring successful deployment and
utilization of the facility.
6. Evaluate impact on the educational and learning process.